Directed by Becca Coolong
Music Direction by Devon Bakum
Choreography by Krista Brueno
AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD AT 100 HIGH STREET, ENFIELD, CT.
Contact the director at BECCACOOLONG@GMAIL.COM with any questions.
Children’s Auditions (Age 7-13)
Sunday June 16th at 3:00pm.
Please be prompt. Audition requirements are listed below.
Please note, this is an adult production and while there are children in the show, there will be late rehearsals, especially as we near opening. We will attempt to get the children out as early as possible, however, it is important to understand the evening expectations.
Adult Auditions (Age 14+)
Sunday, June 16 at 6pm and Monday, June 17 at 6:00 pm.
Please be prepared to stick around after your initial audition is finished. A dance call will be held following the cold readings.
Callbacks (All Ages) Thursday, June 20
– Rehearsals will begin in August. Exact date is not determined yet.
– Regular rehearsal schedule will be Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday.
– Not all actors will be needed at every rehearsal, but please anticipate being needed for every rehearsal when organizing your personal schedule. Even after the schedule is set, we ask you to do your best to leave those days clear in case of schedule changes.
November 8,9,10*,15,16,17*,22,23,24* @8pm
*Sunday Matinees @2pm
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
- Please prepare 16-32 bars of a song in the style of the show – nothing from the show please.
- Children – please prepare either a short monologue or a long joke to perform
- An accompanist will be provided by the theatre. Please bring your own sheet music.
- Singing to tracks or a cappella will not be allowed.
- Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear for dancing.FROM OUR DIRECTOR:
- All roles are available for casting.
- Bring a headshot / resume if you have one.
- Be prepared to do cold readings from the script and to stay for a short dance call.
- Please note, the readings are not specific to the characters you may be considered for but are general examples of language from the show.
- Please be prepared to outline possible rehearsal conflicts. The standard rehearsal schedule will be Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays but there may be a need to select other days so we will be looking for all conflicts from August through November. Schedules are subject to change and we ask for transparency and flexibility.
- Please note that any conflicts given to production staff after rehearsals have begun may or may not be excused. These will be determined at the discretion of the director. Please make sure you have checked all school schedules, field trips, dance recitals, school concerts, vacations, work conferences, other production schedules that involve you, etc. While you are a volunteer in this, please understand that this is a serious commitment and your attendance impacts many many people. We have to work around the schedules of dozens of people and each unexpected conflict makes a difference.
- Matilda Wormwood – An imaginative girl who is clever and wise far beyond her years. She has a thirst for learning that cannot be quenched.
Gender: Female, Age: 6 to 10, Vocal range top: D5, Vocal range bottom: A3
- Miss Agatha Trunchbull –The tyrannical headmistress at Matilda’s school who despises children.
Gender: Any, Age: 35 to ? Vocal range top: G4 Vocal range bottom: A2
- Miss Honey – Matilda’s kindhearted teacher. She is tired of living in fear under Miss Trunchbull.
Gender: Female, Age: 20 to 45, Vocal range top: D5, Vocal range bottom: F3
- Mr. Wormwood – Matilda’s uncaring father. A slimy, greedy used-car salesman.
Gender: Male, Age: 30 to 50, Vocal range top: A4, Vocal range bottom: D3
- Mrs. Wormwood – Matilda’s self-absorbed, negligent mother and an amateur ballroom dancer.
Gender: Female, Age: 30 to 50, Vocal range top: F5, Vocal range bottom: A3
- Michael Wormwood – Matilda’s older brother. He is not very bright and favored by their parents.
Gender: Male, Age: 10 to 15
- Bruce – Matilda’s classmate. He is subject to extreme punishment by Miss Trunchbull.
Gender: Male, Age: 7 to 14, Vocal range top: E5, Vocal range bottom: C4
- Lavender – Matilda’s classmate and friend.
Gender: Female, Age: 7 to 10
- Mrs. Phelps – A nice librarian.
Gender: Female, Age: 20 to 50
- The Escapologist – A character in a story Matilda tells to Mrs. Phelps who comes to life in their imagination.
Gender: Male, Vocal range top: E4, Vocal range bottom: C3
- The Acrobat – A character in a story Matilda tells to Mrs. Phelps who comes to life in their imagination.
Gender: Female, Vocal range top: A4, Vocal range bottom: D4
- Rudolpho – Mrs. Wormwood’s ballroom dance partner.
Gender: Male, Vocal range top: A4, Vocal range bottom: D#3
- Doctor – Mrs. Wormwood’s Doctor when she goes into labor with Matilda.
Gender: Male, Vocal range top: A4, Vocal range bottom: C3
- Children’s Entertainer –A party entertainer at the start of the show.
Gender: Male, Vocal range top: Eb4, Vocal range bottom: F#3
- Ensemble – Cook, Henchman 1, Henchman 2, Henchman 3, Kids (Amanda, Nigel, Eric, Alice, Hortensia, Tommy), Parents.