Monthly Archives: November 2013
Performing Arts Programs is New England’s Proven and Premiere Talent Development and Educational Program for children of all skill levels. We offer professional, progressive programs to the local communities. We are dedicated to creating a fun, comfortable and affirming environment to cultivate each child’s own unique creativity.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, friendly, energetic part-time temporary Office Assistant. Candidate should be a motivated self-starter, reliable, dependable, task oriented, and comfortable working without constant supervision. This position will begin training in late November 2013 with the position going through to the beginning of August 2014.
Training will begin as two days a week and increase to four.
This is a part time position with afternoon hours Monday – Thursday 1:30pm – 5:30pm until end of June where hours change to Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 3pm through August. Experience in the performing arts is not necessary but a plus.
Below you will find a more detailed job description and how to apply. To learn more about our company please visit our website at www.performingartsprograms.biz
Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department and/or managers and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
• answer phones and transfer to the appropriate staff member
• answer telephone inquiries and registrations about our programs
• process mail/online registrations
• file forms and correspondence and organization of file cabinets
• take and distribute accurate messages
• greet public and clients
• coordinate messenger and courier service
• receive, sort and distribute incoming mail
• monitor incoming emails and answer or forward as required
• prepare outgoing mail for distribution
• fax, scan and copy documents
• maintain office filing and storage systems
• update and maintain databases such as mailing lists, contact lists and client information
• update and maintain internal staff contact lists
• retrieve information when requested
• type documents and correspondence
• co-ordinate and organize appointments and meetings
• assist with event planning and implementation
• monitor and maintain office supplies
• perform work related errands as requested such as going to the post office
• keep office area clean and tidy
Education and Experience:
• College degree preferred
• previous office experience may be requested but this can also be entry level position
• competent computer skills including MS Office or equivalent
• internet skills including use of e-mails, etc
• excellent phone skills
• organization and planning skills
• work management and prioritizing skills
• verbal and written communication skills
• problem assessment and problem solving
• information gathering and information monitoring
• attention to detail and accuracy
• customer service orientation
To apply please send resume and cover letter to Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include 3 references with their phone numbers and emails.