As some of you know, the mother-site to this one, The Connecticut Callboard, is going to be shutting down as of June 1, 2015. Unfortunately, this also means that The Western Massachusetts Callboard will be shutting down as well.
We will continue with our Facebook and Twitter Feeds, the only thing that is going away is the actuall website itself. This decision was not undertaken lightly, and it due to the rising costs of web hosting, subscriptions and the fact that I have a child entering college in the fall; I just couldn’t shoulder the cost any more.
Please continue to be a part of the vibrant Facebook and twitter community, and we’ll look forward to see you there.
The Suffield Players New Faces Theatre Program returns for its Eighth Year!
Announcing New Faces 2019! Designed to teach, inspire and develop the talents of all participants, this summer educational program showcases new actors, directors and playwrights.
New Faces 2019 will perform on August 17 at 2 and 7 pm at Mapleton Hall in Suffield, CT.
Now in its eighth year, the program is a fresh approach to theatre, as many of the participants involved are new to acting OR new to The Suffield Players, and the works being performed are new as well!
Eight talented directors will lead the learning, and 19 thespians from throughout Western Massachusetts and Connecticut will participate.
The Directors: David Crowell, Karen Garbalosa, Tom Hebert, Lisa Parker, Mark Proulx, Josh Prouser, Kelly Seip and Bruce Torrey.
The Playwrights whose new works will be performed are: Gwen Adams, Jeff Dunne, Mackenzie Jahnke, Lisa Parker, Mark Proulx, Andy Rassler and Joe Starzyk.
The New Faces 2019 ensemble: Jillian Bower, Mackenzie Camara, Johnny Gordon, Reva Kleppel, Jack Levine, Claire Neild, Joanne O’Donoghue, Sherrie Schallack, Katie Simon, Krista Stoops, Doug Stoyer, Thomas Topper, Cheryl Zdebski and Stephanie Zdebski.
The Players also welcome back several graduates from past New Faces programs, who join this summer’s company to support the newcomers: Steven Close, Regina Erpenbeck, Lexi Fox and Clay Hampton. Suffield Players regular Allen Nott will be sharing his talents and experience with the ensemble as well.
Come to The Suffield Players to enjoy some fine new theatre this summer!
New Faces 2019 Performances: August 17 at 2 and 7 pm in Mapleton Hall 1305 Mapleton Avenue Suffield CT 06078
General admission only; no reservations required. There is a $10 donation suggested at the door.
Directed by Becca Coolong
Music Direction by Devon Bakum
Choreography by Krista Brueno
AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD AT 100 HIGH STREET, ENFIELD, CT.
Contact the director at BECCACOOLONG@GMAIL.COM with any questions.
Children’s Auditions (Age 7-13)
Sunday June 16th at 3:00pm.
Please be prompt. Audition requirements are listed below.
Please note, this is an adult production and while there are children in the show, there will be late rehearsals, especially as we near opening. We will attempt to get the children out as early as possible, however, it is important to understand the evening expectations.
Adult Auditions (Age 14+)
Sunday, June 16 at 6pm and Monday, June 17 at 6:00 pm.
Please be prepared to stick around after your initial audition is finished. A dance call will be held following the cold readings.
Callbacks (All Ages) Thursday, June 20
– Rehearsals will begin in August. Exact date is not determined yet.
– Regular rehearsal schedule will be Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday.
– Not all actors will be needed at every rehearsal, but please anticipate being needed for every rehearsal when organizing your personal schedule. Even after the schedule is set, we ask you to do your best to leave those days clear in case of schedule changes.
November 8,9,10*,15,16,17*,22,23,24* @8pm
*Sunday Matinees @2pm
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
- Please prepare 16-32 bars of a song in the style of the show – nothing from the show please.
- Children – please prepare either a short monologue or a long joke to perform
- An accompanist will be provided by the theatre. Please bring your own sheet music.
- Singing to tracks or a cappella will not be allowed.
- Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear for dancing.FROM OUR DIRECTOR:
- All roles are available for casting.
- Bring a headshot / resume if you have one.
- Be prepared to do cold readings from the script and to stay for a short dance call.
- Please note, the readings are not specific to the characters you may be considered for but are general examples of language from the show.
- Please be prepared to outline possible rehearsal conflicts. The standard rehearsal schedule will be Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays but there may be a need to select other days so we will be looking for all conflicts from August through November. Schedules are subject to change and we ask for transparency and flexibility.
- Please note that any conflicts given to production staff after rehearsals have begun may or may not be excused. These will be determined at the discretion of the director. Please make sure you have checked all school schedules, field trips, dance recitals, school concerts, vacations, work conferences, other production schedules that involve you, etc. While you are a volunteer in this, please understand that this is a serious commitment and your attendance impacts many many people. We have to work around the schedules of dozens of people and each unexpected conflict makes a difference.
- Matilda Wormwood – An imaginative girl who is clever and wise far beyond her years. She has a thirst for learning that cannot be quenched.
Gender: Female, Age: 6 to 10, Vocal range top: D5, Vocal range bottom: A3
- Miss Agatha Trunchbull –The tyrannical headmistress at Matilda’s school who despises children.
Gender: Any, Age: 35 to ? Vocal range top: G4 Vocal range bottom: A2
- Miss Honey – Matilda’s kindhearted teacher. She is tired of living in fear under Miss Trunchbull.
Gender: Female, Age: 20 to 45, Vocal range top: D5, Vocal range bottom: F3
- Mr. Wormwood – Matilda’s uncaring father. A slimy, greedy used-car salesman.
Gender: Male, Age: 30 to 50, Vocal range top: A4, Vocal range bottom: D3
- Mrs. Wormwood – Matilda’s self-absorbed, negligent mother and an amateur ballroom dancer.
Gender: Female, Age: 30 to 50, Vocal range top: F5, Vocal range bottom: A3
- Michael Wormwood – Matilda’s older brother. He is not very bright and favored by their parents.
Gender: Male, Age: 10 to 15
- Bruce – Matilda’s classmate. He is subject to extreme punishment by Miss Trunchbull.
Gender: Male, Age: 7 to 14, Vocal range top: E5, Vocal range bottom: C4
- Lavender – Matilda’s classmate and friend.
Gender: Female, Age: 7 to 10
- Mrs. Phelps – A nice librarian.
Gender: Female, Age: 20 to 50
- The Escapologist – A character in a story Matilda tells to Mrs. Phelps who comes to life in their imagination.
Gender: Male, Vocal range top: E4, Vocal range bottom: C3
- The Acrobat – A character in a story Matilda tells to Mrs. Phelps who comes to life in their imagination.
Gender: Female, Vocal range top: A4, Vocal range bottom: D4
- Rudolpho – Mrs. Wormwood’s ballroom dance partner.
Gender: Male, Vocal range top: A4, Vocal range bottom: D#3
- Doctor – Mrs. Wormwood’s Doctor when she goes into labor with Matilda.
Gender: Male, Vocal range top: A4, Vocal range bottom: C3
- Children’s Entertainer –A party entertainer at the start of the show.
Gender: Male, Vocal range top: Eb4, Vocal range bottom: F#3
- Ensemble – Cook, Henchman 1, Henchman 2, Henchman 3, Kids (Amanda, Nigel, Eric, Alice, Hortensia, Tommy), Parents.
Open auditions May 12 & 13 from 6:00-9:30pm at our new theater space, 100 High St, Enfield, CT 06082
(Callbacks, if necessary, will be scheduled after auditions have completed)
Performance & Rehearsal Dates:
Performances: September 6-22, 2019
Friday and Saturday performances at 8pm
Sunday performances at 2pm
Rehearsals will begin end of July (around the 22nd).
- Be prepared to sing the following:
16 – 32 bars of a strong musical theater song in the proper key
(no pop songs please). A ballad is best. Country and folk music are strongly encouraged.
- An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music.
No singing a cappella or to a track.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing
and bring a headshot, if you have one.
Questions? Please contact director John Pike, firstname.lastname@example.org
ROLES TO BE CAST:
8 female, 8 male
Age ranges listed are approximate.
All but Alice sing as ensemble members in addition to their named role.
- Alice Murphy (30 / strong, rich alto with some upper register)
Plays Alice at age 38–an editor of a southern literary magazine; intelligent, attractive, professional–but with an air of melancholy. The same actress plays Young Alice at age 16–rebellious, high-spirited, sexually forward, adventurous–looking to break out of small-town life and experience the world. Strong singer comfortable in folk / bluegrass.
- Margo Crawford (early 20s / 2 nd soprano)
A small-town bookstore owner; a childhood friend of Billy who now harbors romantic feelings towards him; a natural beauty with a keen intellect.
- Mama Murphy (40s-50s / Alto)
Alice’s mother. A caretaker to her family and her rural community. A warm, loving, sensible woman. Hardworking, with great inner strength and compassion.
- Lucy Grant (early 20s / Alto) A junior editor at a literary magazine. An ambitious, professional young “modern” career woman of the 1940’s. Strong, forthright and provocative with a sharp sense of humor.
- Florence – (20s / variable voice range)
an employee at Margo’s bookstore and a childhood friend of both Billy and Margo.
- Edna – (variable age/alto) an employee at Margo’s bookstore.
- Government Clerk – (variable age and voice range)
A clerk at the Office of Records in Raleigh
- Well-Dressed Woman – (mid 30s – mid 40s)
A woman living in Raleigh.
- Billy Cane (Early 20s / High Baritone)
A soldier returning home from WWII; an aspiring young writer; fresh, open, optimistic, charming, and a little naïve.
- Jimmy Ray Dobbs (30s / Tenor)
Plays Jimmy Ray in his early 20s in flashbacks–Mayor Dobbs’ son and young Alice beau; handsome, boyishly charming, well-built, and intelligent; from a family of wealth and power and is being groomed by his father for a similar future in the family business; an independent thinker who is not afraid to stand up to his father for what he believes in; he has a sense of personal responsibility and morality as well as a deep reserve of passion and emotion. The same actor will also play an adult Jimmy Ray at age 40.
- Mayor Josiah Dobbs (50’s / Baritone)
A political and financial powerbroker– distinguished, even elegant, an imposing and controlling presence; has a genuine interest in protecting his son’s future and his family name, but in doing so, is ultimately pushed to a point of extreme and irrevocable cruelty.
- Daddy Murphy (50 – 60s / Baritone)
Alice’s father; an authoritative and a stern disciplinarian; devoutly religious, hard-working, a poor but proud farmer.
- Daddy Cane – (late 40s – 50s / Baritone)
Billy’s father. A widower. Spry, good looking. Kind hearted, if a bit lonely.
- Daryl Ames – (30s / Tenor)
An assistant at a literary magazine. Funny, with a dry and officious sense of humor. Insecure, and perhaps a bit socially awkward, but endearing and innately likeable.
- Stanford (variable age and voice range)
Loyal assistant to Mayor Josiah Dobbs
- Dr. Norquist (variable age and voice range)
The local family doctor in Zebulon
- Max – (20s / variable voice range)
a customer at Margo’s bookstore, at first, he has a crush on Margo, but later becomes Edna’s beau.
Not paid work
Take two opinionated women of politically opposite thought, confine them to an isolated corner of an airport during an endless weather delay, and what do you get?
A charming play called Walter Cronkite Is Dead by Joe Calarco about the common ground we Americans might discover if we’d stop all the shouting. Featuring Dianna Waller (Winsted/Southbury) and Catherine Annulli (Thomaston). Directed by Rosemarie Beskind (Simsbury). Oct. 13, 20, 21 at 8 pm and Oct. 14, 21 at 2 pm. Farmington Valley Stage Company, 4 Market Street (Canton Town Hall), Collinsville, CT. www.fvstage.org
S. It is your task to remove the actual hurdles in their eyes which can be protecting against them from starting out.
They are scheduled to discuss defense and security issues andnothing about Yingluck,Cheap Jerseys, according to the Thai defenseundersecretary.
Overcome Many “Accepted” Childhood Ailments & Allergies
Childhood conditions and allergies are getting to be so prevalent that it is almost unavoidable! Nicely it doesn’t have to be! Diagnosing a child with ADHD was when a uncommon occurrence and Autism was not a home phrase.
Late last month, Yingluck failed to appear before the SupremeCourt which had planned to deliver a final judgment on a historicalcriminal lawsuit filed against the former premier involving herprevious government’s rice subsidy scandals. None of these was in our own facilities, all of them were in rented places.
Stockton said that the spillovers from the removal of Fed accommodation will have different effects on different emerging market economies. Folks are selfish naturally and you’ve got to demonstrate these people precisely what is within it for them,Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China.05 percent to 6.
The ball was played out to the right of the Valencia area where Bernard Silva was able to fire in a low shot which forced a fine save from Valencia keeper, Matt Ryan.
Once construction resumes, it would take about two years to complete the project,Wholesale Jerseys Cheap, Sonesack was quoted as saying.
With the economy improving, the Fed viewed the accommodative monetary policy still essential to nurture the hard-won economic recovery.
support to the peace process with Taliban militants.
The club’s director of football Patrick Kluivert echoed his boss in an interview with local broadcaster beIN Sports 2， calling the fixtures against Barca “two huge matches”. Your there to help as well as manual your brand-new get yet not hold their own hands,Cheap Soccer Jerseys Free Shipping.
5. forces from the country in 2011, in the meeting with his Afghan counterpart Zarar Ahmad Usmani also stated that ” The agreement and continued cooperation with the U. The good news is always that the release dates are extremely fast approaching therefore you won’t should wait also very long right before receiving your palms on it.
Overcome Many “Accepted” Childhood Ailments & Allergies
Childhood conditions and allergies are getting to be so prevalent that it is almost unavoidable,Wholesale Jerseys China! Nicely it doesn’t have to be,Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale! Diagnosing a child with ADHD was when a uncommon occurrence and Autism was not a home phrase. 48 hours is all it takes with this program to become a Reiki Master.
Same-sex couples can have civil unions or register their relationships in most states across Australia, but the government does not consider them married under national law. Choosing the right dealer will also influence the quality of the products that you take home.
The items embody a variety of goods e. Cricket connects people in our region and promotes goodwill.
An arrest warrant was issued by court for Yingluck, who wasbelieved to have fled the country. Due to the fact from time to time an excessive amount hands having will cause loss of moment faraway from constructing your own business.40 percent to 27.
You could be certain to be enthusiastic concerning the release within the new Nintendo 3DS since it certainly is the commencing with the following generation of gaming gadgets.
“”The Football City has been dreamed of by many people. There is speak that holographic gaming are the next tremendous venture when 3D gaming is a really pure gaming surroundings. We have played on numerous occasions， and each time they have been fantastic matches,Wholesale NFL Jerseys Online，” he said.g. “Our expectation of the government is to sign the BSA with the U,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping.
By reading through labels and acquiring or producing only organic foods you will stay away from unintentionally feeding your little one dangerous substances,Cheap Jerseys Online.
The West Texas Intermediate for March delivery moved up 3. support to the peace process with Taliban militants.
Know How Clean Your Baby’,Wholesale Jerseys China Free Shipping;s Foods Is
Every meals you buy arrives with an expiration date, but many non natural and organic foods appear to last 12 months or longer on the shelf!
I have managed along with maintained just about all consumer business and complex human relationships,Cheap NFL Jerseys, and served as the initial point associated with speak to as well as principal connection station among The idea employees and corporations as a way to coordinate just about all undertaking pursuits on their desired end result.
When you use all-all-natural and qualified natural infant food items,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, you know every little thing that passes your baby’;s lips is useful to their entire body and not unintentionally slowly poisoning them. But it will be tough for both teams. The number of persons truly be successful using the corporation’s what are named as advertising process which usually merely shows you developing a listing of friends and family? Not too a lot of simply because not everybody has a rock star on his or her list.
“But I think there is a reasonable prospect of a change to the law in this parliament. Much of your prospects are going to be staff and a lot be spending plenty with taxes. This is important because the quality of the products and the cost would much depend on the store you select.
Once construction resumes, it would take about two years to complete the project, Sonesack was quoted as saying.
Goals from Rodrigo, Dani Parejo and Sofianne Feghouli scored the goals which give Valencia a 2-goal cushion to defend in France next Tuesday.
An Australian same-sex coup
Australian communications minister Malcolm Turnbull on Friday said he believed there was “a reasonable prospect” of the country changing its laws to allow same-sex couples to marry.