Sunday, September 8th &
Monday, September 9th @7:00 pm
- Table Read: Wed, 9/11
- Rehearsals: Tue, Wed & Thur evenings, 9/17 through 11/7
- Tech Week: Sun, 11/10 through Thur, 11/14
- Showdates: 11/15, 11/16, 11/22, 11/23, 11/24, 11/29, 11/30, 12/1, 12/5, 12/6 and 12/7
The play is set in May 1960’s – New York City – The cast calls for 4 men and 3 women
- DR. ROY FLEMMING – a polished, urbane New York psychiatrist in his forties. Highly civilized, pragmatic, with a cold, functioning intelligence. He wears conservative, artfully tailored suits.
- LIEUTENANT COLUMBO – a rumpled police official of indeterminate age. He seems to be bumbling and vague, with an overly apologetic, almost deferential manner. This masks an innate shrewdness, and foxy knowledge of human nature.
- SUSAN HUDSON – Young and extremely attractive, with a hint of latent sensuality. She is not particularly complicated, but as the play progresses she shows the burden of the increasing tension.
- MISS PETRIE – a pleasant, efficient woman in her fifties with a genuine liking for people.
- CLAIRE FLEMMING – a brittle, sardonic product of New York’s East side. She is in her early forties and shows the strain of a loveless marriage.
- DAVE GORDON – a smooth, boyish lawyer with his eye on a political future.
- DELIVERY BOY – Walk on part.
To download audition scenes, visit our website: http://www.newtownplayers.org/columbo-auditions