Capital Classics Theatre Company is seeking a Technical Director for the 2018 Greater Hartford Shakespeare Festival production of “Pericles, Prince of Tyre”.
The Technical Director will be responsible for the oversight of all technical aspects of the Greater Hartford Shakespeare Festival including managing the loading, maintaining and striking of the set, lights, sound and other technical aspects of the summer production taking place on the campus of the University of Saint Joseph, West Hartford, CT. The TD will assist the scenic designer, scenic builder, lighting designer, board operator and stage manager in fulfilling the technical needs of the production. In specific, the Technical Director will:
• coordinate with designers to ensure all deadlines are established and achieved
• supervise the purchase and delivery of materials to the scenic builder
• supervise the delivery of finished set pieces to the site
• organize and facilitate the technical load in at the performance site on Saturday, July 7 and finish any outstanding elements during tech week from July 8 through July 11, 2018
• be present during daily evening technical rehearsals to address any issues that may arise from July 8 through July 11, 2018
• be present during performances to address any issues that may arise between July 12 – July 29, 2018, on Thursday – Sunday evenings
• organize and oversee strike and storage of any set materials in the company’s space on the evening of July 29, 2018, and during the day on July 30, 2018
• assist with any other technical issues which may be deemed necessary by the company in the course of mounting a successful production
Experience with all of these elements of Technical Theatre Production is required. Professional experience desirable. Students with extensive training and educational theatre experience encouraged to apply. Stipend pay of $1500.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Technical Director Search” in the subject box.