The Orange Players will be hosting Acting Up! 2017, an evening of 10 Minute One Acts for unpublished works on Friday November 3 and Saturday November 4, 2017. If you are an author of an unpublished one act we would love to work with you.
Scripts should be sent via email to TheOrangePlayers@gmail.com no later than June 30, 2017 and meet the following criteria:
- Works must be no longer than 10 minutes when performed.
- Works must consist of 2 characters or more.
- Works must be in script format.
- Works must be unpublished.
- Set pieces needed for each work must be relatively small in size – pieces that can be moved by 1 or 2 people at the most.
- Playwright must be 16 years of age or older.
- Each playwright may send up to 3 script submissions, no more than 3.
- Works must be submitted no later than June 30, 2017.
Please be aware of the following information:
Playwright /Director Meet and Greet
- The week of August 28, 2017 a meet and greet for Directors and Playwrights will be scheduled.
- Each author will have an opportunity to speak about their play for a few minutes.
- Copies of the plays will be on hand for directors to read through.
- All names will go into a hat and each director will pull out a selection and assigned to a one act.
- The directors will have 20 minutes (if needed) to swap their assigned one act with another director
- Each director must agree to the swap
- Swaps must be completed before the evening is done.
- Assigned directors and authors will have a chance to chat a bit, exchange info.
- Open auditions will be held at High Plains Community Center for one night the week of September 5,
- Playwrights may attend if they wish.
- Playwrights may not audition for their own works.
- Orange Players will provide one copy of the script to each actor and director in the one act assigned.
- Tech Rehearsal will occur on October 30, November 1 and November 2, 2017. 7:00pm
- Playwrights, directors and cast will provide their own props and costuming.
- Set pieces will be kept to a minimum.
- Set pieces must be relatively small in size – pieces that can be moved by 1 or 2 people at the most.
- There will be no special lighting for individual one acts.
- Overhead hanging microphones will be used during the performances.
- No body mics will be utilized during the performances.
Date: Friday November 3 and Saturday November 4, 2017
Event Location: High Plains Community Center, 525 Orange Center Rd, Orange, CT 06477
Time: 8:00pm – 10:30pm
Seating: Cabaret Style
Submissions will be reviewed by The Orange Players One Act Committee and selected playwrights will be contacted no later than July 30, 2017.
High Plains Community Center is located at 525 Orange Center Rd, Orange, CT 06477
For additional information please contact the Orange Players at TheOrangePlayers@gmail.com.