Contact: Andrea VanSwearingen, Production Manager
Administrative: (860) 283-8558
Box Office: (860) 283-6250
Event Dates: Open Auditions
Sunday, November 6th 2016 at 6:00pm
Wednesday, November 9th 2016 at 7:00pm
Sunday, November 14th 2016 at 7:00pm
Location: Arts Center Theatre (Level 2) Thomaston Opera House, 158 Main Street, Thomaston, CT
Landmark Community Theatre holds auditions for SPAMALOT at the Thomaston Opera House. LCT will be holding auditions for its first production of the 2017 season, SPAMALOT on November 6 & November 9, 2016 in the Arts Center Theatre (Level 2) of the Thomaston Opera House. Auditions will be on a first come first served basis. Foster Reese will direct and choreograph the show. The show will open on January 28 and run through February 12, 2017 for a total of 8 performances.
Auditioners must bring sheet music with them and be prepared to sing 32 bars, but no more than one minute, of a fully memorized up-tempo musical theater song which showcases their vocal range and in a style that is consistent with the character you are auditioning for. You may sing from SPAMALOT! Additional vocalizing may also be a part of your audition to determine vocal range and harmonizing skills. An accompanist will be provided. No a cappella singing or recorded accompaniment. All auditioners will be required to learn a short dance number. Minimum age to audition is 16 years old.
Plot Summary: Lovingly ripped off from the classic film comedy “Monty Python and the Holy Grail,” “SPAMALOT” retells the legend of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, and features a bevy of showgirls — not to mention cows, killer rabbits, and French people. The Tony Award-winning Best Musical, “Monty Python’s SPAMALOT” has been hailed as “a no-holds-barred smash hit.” (The New Yorker). Character Breakdown: Please note that the ages listed just serve as a guide. All roles are available and casting is open, and newcomers are welcome and encouraged. EVERY “Ensemble” member plays multiple roles. Accents needed in this show: English, French, Scottish, Funny.
- KING ARTHUR: The King of England, who sets out on a quest to form the Knights of the Round Table and find the Holy Grail. Great humor. Good singer.
- THE LADY OF THE LAKE: A Diva. Strong, beautiful, possesses mystical powers. The leading lady of the show. Great singing voice is essential, as she must be able to sing effortlessly in many styles and vocal registers. Sings everything from opera to pop to scatting. Gets angry easily.
- SIR ROBIN: A Knight of the Round Table. Ironically called “Sir Robin the Brave,” though he couldn’t be more cowardly. Joins the Knights for the singing and dancing. A good mover.
- SIR LANCELOT: A Knight of the Round Table. He is fearless to a bloody fault but through a twist of fate discovers his “softer side.” This actor MUST be great with character voices and accents.
- PATSY: King Arthur’s horse and servant. Under-appreciated but always longing for Arthur’s approval. Good, funny, physical mover with some tap dancing. Very good mover. Tap skills a bonus.
- SIR GALAHAD: A Knight of the Round Table. Begins as Dennis, a lower class “mud gatherer” who becomes knighted and transforms into the dashing Sir Galahad.
- SIR BEDEVERE: A Knight of the Round Table. An inept scholar. Also plays DENNIS GALAHAD’S MOTHER, a shrill peasant woman; and CONCORDE, Sir Lancelot’s horse.
- PRINCE HERBERT: The hopeful and frilly prince who loves to sing and pines for his love atop a tower. Tenor singing required. Very good mover.
- MALE ENSEMBLE: Seeking dancers and singers to play many roles including the other Knights of the Round Table, Sir Not Appearing, Sir Bohrs, Bodies in “Not Yet Dead,” the Dancing Monk, the Dancing Nun, French Citizens, Finland Citizens, a French Guard, Robin’s Minstrel, and more! Dance skills preferred; tap skills a bonus.
- FEMALE ENSEMBLE: Seeking strong dancers and singers to play many roles including the Camelot Girls, the Laker Girls, a French Guard, Knights of Ni, two of Robin’s Minstrels, French Citizens, Finland Citizens, and more! Strong dance skills preferred, tap skills a bonus.