Downtown Cabaret Theatre (Bridgeport, CT) is seeking submissions for Sound Designers/Operators for our 2021-2022 Season.
Strong candidates should have a background in musical theatre and have a proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
* Mixing and running all audio and microphones for each performance of our Theatre For Young Audiences season (Two performances every Saturday and Sunday afternoon and some weekday matinees. September through May)
* Mixing and running all audio and microphones for each performance of our Mainstage Theatre season. (Friday through Sunday evenings. Schedule TBD)
* Set-up and program sound for show during tech week rehearsals (Monday through Thursday evenings prior to opening)
* Assisting the House engineer on our Mainstage Concert season. (Two performances on Saturday evenings. Periodically)
* Have experience with all phases of installation, operation, design and maintenance of sound equipment
* Ability to troubleshoot problems with equipment, complete basic repairs, and have knowledge of general wiring
* Maintain, organize, and inventory House Sound Equipment
* Operate digital audio consoles (Yamaha preferred)
* The technician will work with a variety of talent, maintain work spaces, and execute all other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree with a concentration on technical theatre or equivalency in training or experience working in the field.
* Experience engineering a variety of performance types including everything from full musicals with a mic’d cast of 30+ and full live orchestras to speaker series events and music performances.
* Proficiency with QLab and Logic Pro a plus
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
Compensation – $75/performance plus tech week hours
Please submit a resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com
Please title your submission email with:
“Sound Designer/Engineer – [Name]”
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
DCT does not provide travel or housing
For more information about our upcoming season and who we are, go to mycabaret.org
Downtown Cabaret Theatre does not discriminate against any candidates based on race, ethnicity, socioeconomic backgrounds, gender identity, age, physical ability, LGBTQIA+, or diverse viewpoints. We will recognize the importance of equity for job candidates in terms of training and experience.