Seeking Teaching Artists!
Playhouse on Park seeks teaching artists in the fields of Theatre and Musical Theatre. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to teach weekly in-person and online classes for Playhouse Theatre Academy to students ages 4-18, as well as after school programming to local elementary students. Teaching artists are responsible for creating their own lesson content and preparing any necessary materials for their classes in coordination with the Director of Education, as well as preparing students for an informal share day at the end of each semester.
Ideal teaching artist candidates will…
• be motivated, energetic, and organized
• be able to work locally in the Greater Hartford area.
• have a strong professional background in acting and/or and musical theatre; music directing ability is a plus!
• have experience teaching online, as well as teaching in-person and online simultaneously. Assistance will be provided in this model.
• have experience in rehearsing and directing/choreographing performances.
• have a passion for teaching literacy content to young people through the performing arts. Playhouse on Park is committed to developing a work environment that is reflective of the diverse community that it serves. Applicants from all populations and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Consideration for employment will be given to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or ability.