Goodspeed Musicals seeking Marketing Assistant
Job Title: Marketing Assistant
Reports to: Director of Marketing
FLSA Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Wage/Compensation Range: $17.00 -$17.50 per hour with insurance paid time off, and paid holidays provided
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the community we serve. Goodspeed Musicals is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible workplace environment, and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, non-gender binary/trans individuals, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), and people with disabilities are STRONGLY encouraged to apply.
General Statement of Job Function:
The Marketing Assistant will be an essential part of Goodspeed Musicals’ creative marketing team, working in a fast-paced and positive environment. They will assist the marketing department with administrative support and participate with marketing efforts to increase ticket sales and brand identity for Goodspeed Musicals through graphic design; social media execution; creation and distribution of promotional materials; creating video content; and providing administrative support for the department.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create and distribute miscellaneous flyers, stuffers, and postcards.
• Assist Marketing Associate with creation, printing and delivery of program inserts.
• Assist with creating and posting social media content
• Track and analyze email stats and report on a monthly basis.
• Create and edit video content for social media, emails and website as assigned by Associate Marketing Director
• Assist with website updates and maintenance.
• Gather bios, headshots, copy from actors, production staff and Goodspeed staff for each production program
• Create, distribute and oversee e-surveys for each production
• Compile and distribute results from e-surveys internally
• Create, administer, and compile results for periodic demographic survey of audience
• Manage general mailing list and email list
• Order office supplies for department.
• Review and respond to all patron complaints received via email, website, and surveys.
• Manage/process purchase orders and invoices
• Track department spending on a monthly basis and report to Director of Marketing.
• Order and maintain inventory of stationery and printed supplies and order business cards for entire organization
• Post ads for job openings online.
• Maintain a list of online event calendars and ensure events are posted
• Order ticket stock and ticket envelopes.
• Maintain archive for all printed marketing materials.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Distribute performance schedule to local merchants and send updates when necessary
• Distribute posters and heralds throughout the shoreline, River Valley and other areas
• Manage Goodspeed Dinners program (soliciting restaurants to participate, provide information to Marketing Associate for creating voucher, etc.)
• Assist at First Performance and Press Opening events.
• Manage headshot display in theatre lobbies.
• Maintain literature in lobby.
• Fulfill brochure/literature requests.
• Assist with promotional events
• Assist with community events
Required Qualifications & Skills:
• Energetic and enthusiastic about arts marketing.
• College degree or equivalent experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, highly organized, detail oriented, excellent language and proofreading skills,
• Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office software.
• Respect for Goodspeed’s mission and drive, including the understanding that the focus of our work is to support the artistic and creative process—and people—at the heart of making musical theatre.
• Honesty and sense of humor.
• Exhibit interpersonal savvy, which includes relating comfortably to a variety of personalities; cultivating and maintaining positive relationships; employing discretion, diplomacy, and tact; seeking the positive in all situations.
• Comfortably and effectively cope with change and ambiguity, which includes effectively transitioning between tasks and timelines; identifying priorities and making good decisions with a minimum of information; staying relaxed and proactive when things are uncertain; confidently managing risk and uncertainty.
• A commitment to an equitable work environment, which includes use of gender inclusive language; support for individual gender expression, racial equity and inter-generational collaboration; accessibility for people with disabilities; and cultural sensitivity.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
• Interest in theatre
• Some familiarity with Photoshop and InDesign, graphic creation, video editing, photography and content creation.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, availability and list of three references to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Assistant”.