Auditions will be held by the Town Players of Newtown at the Little Theater located at 18 Orchard Hill Road, Newtown, CT, 06470
Performances: May 17 through June 8
Showdates: 5/17, 5/18, 5/24, 5/25, 5/26, 5/31, 6/1, 6/2, 6/6, 6/7, 6/8
SYNOPSIS: A mild-mannered accountant accidentally picks up the wrong briefcase and discovers it is filled with lots of British pounds. Tired of the day-to-day grind, he decides to keep the money and immediately wants to depart for points unknown. Will his wife go along with the plan? How does he keep the news away from his best friends? Throw in the police, an impatient taxi driver, and the briefcase’s actual owner and an evening of hilarious theater is bound to ensue.
British accents are helpful but not required. The ages of all characters are negotiable.
- Jean Perkins: A pretty, ordinary middle class English housewife leading an ordinary life until today.
- Henry Perkins: An insignificant accountant in London. Totally solid English middle class who has just received the best birthday present ever.
- Betty Johnson: A buxom and cheerful housewife, best friends (with her husband Vic) of the Perkins and a woman who can think on her feet.
- Vic Johnson: Betty’s husband, a brash man with feet of clay who seems to be a step behind everyone else.
- Davenport: A detective sergeant who’s seen it all and wants a piece of the action.
- Slater: Another police officer, a solicitous and kindly soul until provoked.
- Bill: A cabbie full of spirit and very resourceful.
Town Players of Newtown is a community theater located in Newtown, Connecticut. Visit our website to learn more: www.newtownplayers.org