Simsbury Light Opera Company (SLOCO) seeks a costumer for our spring 2023 productions of Gilbert & Sullivan’s Trial by Jury and The Sorcerer. Theatrical costuming experienced is required, experience with historical period shows and knowledge of turn-of-the-century historical costuming is most desirable. Strong sewing skills are a must. Stipend is available.
Required tasks include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with our artistic director while developing costume designs to maintain the director’s vision for the shows.
- Conducting costume fittings. Constructing, procuring, and/or altering costume pieces and accessories. SLOCO owns many costumes. Some wardrobe items in our collection may be suitable for these upcoming shows, but alterations or repairs may be needed.
- Assisting with costume changes during dress rehearsals and performances.
- Ensuring that rented costumes are cleaned and returned, and all SLOCO owned costumes are cleaned and properly stored at SLOCO’s facility.
- Assisting when needed with costuming for SLOCO publicity opportunities.
Please respond by calling 860-208-9783 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Simsbury Light Opera Company please visit us on Facebook or Instagram and stop by our website at www.sloco.org
Simsbury Light Opera Company is one of the oldest continuously performing companies in the country. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit volunteer community theater organization.