Backyard Theater Ensemble announces AUDITIONS for Antigone by Jean Anouilh
When: Monday February 10th at 7-8:30 PM. Please arrive by 7 PM to fill out an audition form and plan to stay for at least 1 hour. Please bring a list of all conflicts to the auditions.
Where: WPAA TV Studio, 28 S. Orchard St. Wallingford, CT
Be prepared to read from sides.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Performances: April 24-26 & May 1-2 at Hole in the Wall Theater, New Britain, CT
Rehearsals: 2-3x per week in New Britain & Wallingford
- Creon – (M, 40s-60s) Antigone’s uncle. Strong and confident in his own authority, intelligence and logic. Has a military aura with underlying humanity. Weary from the burdens of rule.
- Ismene – (W 20s-early 30s) Antigone’s sister. Radiantly beautiful, feminine, talkative, and compliant. The good girl of the family.
- Haemon – (M 20s-30s) Antigone’s young fiancé and son to Creon. Noble, handsome, and strong.
- Chorus – (M or W, any age) Narrator and commentator. Confident and present.
- Nurse – (W, 40+) Fussy, affectionate, and reassuring, her comforting presence returns Antigone to her girlhood.
- Guards & Messenger (Any gender, 20s-30s)
*The role of Antigone has already been cast.
About Backyard Theater Ensemble:
Backyard Theater Ensemble, Inc. is a collaboration of artists devoting their time, experience and resources to produce theater that inspires, challenges, and entertains both performers and audiences. Guided by our collective artistic vision, volunteer artists each fulfill multiple roles on stage, behind the scenes, and in the community. These roles capitalize on members’ talents while also acknowledging weaknesses to empower growth. We create theater that is a powerful instrument asking all ensemble and audience members to confront the realities of our world.