Auditions for THE ROBBER BRIDEGROOM
Directed by Robert Lunde
Musical Direction by Steve Kaminski
Choreography by Amy Bouchard
Auditions – Sunday, August 21 at 6 pm and Monday August 22 at 7 pm
Callbacks – Monday August 29 at 7 pm (by invitation only)
Auditions will be held at Broad Brook Opera House, 107 Main Street, Broad Brook, CT.
Performance Dates – February 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26
Based on Eudora Welty’s novella and Grimm’s Fairy Tales, The Robber Bridegroom is a rousing rock-a-billy fairytale with innuendo, mistaken identities and wacky hijinx written by Pulitzer-Prize winning author of Driving Miss Daisy! Told in “story theatre” fashion, this bawdy show is one of the only genuine bluegrass scores of a Broadway musical with songs like “Marriage is Riches,” “Sleepy Man”, “Prickle Pear and Lily Bud,” and “Steal with Style.”
Rehearsals begin with read through November 15 and staging/music on November 28. Not all actors will be needed at every rehearsal.
All singers should be prepared to sing 16-32 bars of a standard Broadway song of your choice. You must bring your own sheet music. An accompanist will be provided by the theatre. No singing to tracks or a cappella singing please. Be prepared to perform cold readings from the script. Wear comfortable clothing and appropriate shoes for simple, fun dancing. Bring a headshot and resume if you have them. Please be prepared to disclose any possible rehearsal conflicts.
We are seeking diverse cast for this production.
Also seeking performers who play percussion / rhythm, harmonica, spoons, tambourine or similar. Not required to be cast.
Contact the director at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
* Jamie Lockhart – gentleman robber. Very Charming. Age Range 20s to 30s.
* Clemment Musgrove – wealthy planter, father of Rosamund. Age Range 50s
* Salome – Musgrove’s second wife; unpleasant, strong willed. Age Range 40s – 50s
* Rosamund – beautiful, if willful, daughter; naïve and trusting. Age Range 20s
* Little Harp – not very bright robber, foe of Jamie. Age Range 20s – 30s
* Big Harp – the head of Little Harp’s older brother, brains of their thievery. Age Range 30s
* Goat – a simpleton boy. Age Range 20s to 30s
* Goat’s Mother – too many ugly children on her hands. Age Range 40s to 60s
* Airie – Goat’s sister, also none too bright. Age Range 20s to 30s
* Raven – Enigmatic, watchful bird (not gender specific). Age Range 20s to 30s
* Ensemble – Residents of Rodney who sing, dance and set the scene. Various ages.
THE ROBBER BRIDEGROOM
Book and Lyrics by Alfred Uhry
Musci by Robert Waldman
Based on the novella by Eudora Welty
Presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI).
All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI.