Goodspeed Musicals seeks an Assistant Company Manager for the 2022 season and beyond. The position starts at $15 an hour, housing is included, and eligibility for medical, dental, vision, and 401(3)b retirement benefits after 90 days of full time hours. Start date is January 17th. Hours are expected to be 20 hours per week in January and February, with 40 hours per week starting in March.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the community we serve. Goodspeed Musicals is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible workplace environment, and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, non-gender binary/trans individuals, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), and people with disabilities are STRONGLY encouraged to apply.
Our COVID safety plan includes mandatory vaccination and face mask requirements for all employees.
General Statement of Job Function: Be a point of contact and support to all artists employed by the organization under the direction of the Company Manager and General Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate elements of artist transportation including but not limited to: travel to necessary appointments for routine and emergency medical needs, coordinating transportation services with volunteer guild, weekly shopping trips, and the Company Management Car Share Program.
- Coordinate elements of artist housing including preparing artist arrival packets, preparing linen sets, preparing rooms and houses and greeting artists upon arrival. The position does not require general housekeeping or cleaning duties.
- Provide rehearsal and performance related support by participating in the ‘on call’ schedule for rehearsals and performances.
- Coordinate utility and maintenance concerns with Building Services.
- Coordinate meal service during technical periods at the Goodspeed Opera House as needed.
- Maintain first aid supplies for Stage Management and Company Management as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of Company Management Apprentice.
- Assist Company Manager as necessary and other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills: General knowledge of theater terms and practices, strong organizational skills, ability to lift 50lbs, proficient on Microsoft Office and Google Forms. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, have the ability to work well with minimal supervision, and the ability to problem solve independently. Living on campus, as well as night and weekend work is required.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills: Hospitality, event, or food service experience preferred. Experience coordinating and motivating teams of people helpful
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please include “Assistant Company Manager” in the subject line.