Playhouse on Park is Connecticut’s most affordable and intimate professional theatre; located at 244 Park Rd. West Hartford, CT 06117.
- Must have strong management, financial, communication, and leadership skills
- Must have a working knowledge of all production disciplines (scenery, electrics, costume, etc), including a thorough understanding of the interaction between these disciplines during the production process
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Excel, or in a similar spreadsheet program
- Should be able to identify and solve problems, and work within a team to solve problems together
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and juggle work on several productions at one time
- Must be able to effectively work with people of a variety of skill sets and skill levels, including delegating tasks to other production staff members as needed
- Ideally able to read and understand technical drawings
- Must behave diplomatically and act in the best interest of the theatre
- Organize Production Department activities to ensure efficient and effective use of theatre resources.
- Communicate daily with theatre leadership, production staff and stage management, and attend regular staff meetings.
- Coordinate and lead production meetings.
- Be present at/following technical rehearsals, final dress, and each preview performance, and lead brief production meetings immediately afterward to go over production related notes and fixes and ensure follow-through.
- Work with the Technical Director to ensure safe working conditions for the staff, creative team, and performers.
- With Technical Director and relevant department heads, ensure that the production is photo ready for final dress. This includes making sure that the theatre is tidy
- With Assistant Production Manager and Technical Director, create and distribute tech schedules detailing load-in, lx hang, focus, paint and strike.
- Assist in coordinating occasional special projects, including off site productions (if applicable), one-night performances, special events, and fundraising events.
- Work with the Executive Director, Artistic Directors, and Business Manager to create, implement and manage annual and show-by-show production budgets and schedules.
- With the Assistant Production Manager and Technical Director, collaborate with designers to creatively solve technical and financial challenges to realize their vision, ensuring designers are aware of applicable deadlines, production meetings, and budgets.
- Track all production-related spending (including collecting copies of all relevant receipts and invoices), ensuring that all production departments conform to their budgets and alerting the Executive Director and Finance Director whenever additional money needs to be available for production-related purchases.
- With the Technical Director and relevant department heads, recruit, hire, and train over-hire part time staff, interns, apprentices, and volunteers as needed.
- With the Technical Director and relevant department heads, sign off on timesheets and payroll for all over-hire and hourly production staff members.
- Supervise and evaluate members of the production staff, providing feedback and evaluation as needed to the artistic/executive directors and the employees themselves.
- With the Technical Director and relevant department heads, ensure that all over-hire or hourly production staff members are supervised while on-site.
The Production Manager may be assigned additional duties as needed.
This is a part time position.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.