WAGNER IOVANNA STUDIO PRODUCTIONS IS OFFERING THE FIRST EVER SUMMER CONSERVATORY PROGRAM ON THE SHORELINE. WE ARE BRING BROADWAY TRAINING TO YOU!!!!
What is the summer intensive?
The intensive is ten weeks of rehearsals and workshops culminating in a full scale production of “We the People”. Participants will be working with top industry professionals to both strengthen and broaden their understanding of their craft.
Our goal is to offer a program like no other on the shoreline by bringing in Working Actors, Agents/Casting Directors and Managers from NYC, LA and Nashville to teach industry workshops. Not only will students develop their singing, acting and dancing skills, they will also learn how to present themselves at auditions and interviews along with the ins and outs of the business
Who is the program for?.
Grades 6 through 12. We are accepting 32 applicants.
When does the intensive begin?
Rehearsals will begin on June 12th. There will be no rehearsals during the July 4th week.
When will rehearsals be?
The rehearsal schedule will be handed out at the first rehearsal.
Rehearsals will be Monday through Wednesday, 5pm to 8pm, with some possible added Thursday rehearsals. The schedule will be handed out at the 1st rehearsal on June 12th.
July & August rehearsals will be located at the Legacy Dance Studio in North Haven, CT.
June rehearsals will either be in Madison or North Haven – TBA
When will performances be?
Saturday, August 26th there will be both a matinee and evening performance.
Sunday, August 27th there will be a matinee.
CALL TO SCHEDULE YOUR AUDITION TODAY 203-468-6899
LOG ONTO OUR WEBSITE, DOWNLOAD AND FILL OUT THE AUDITION PACKAGE. YOU MUST BRING IT WITH YOU TO YOUR AUDITION.
REQUIRED: Please write all conflicts down on the registration form so we may schedule accordingly. We will also help set car pools.
When are auditions?
Friday, June 2nd – 6:30 to 8:30pm
Saturday, June 3rd – 1 to 4pm
Callbacks are: Sunday, June 4th – 1 to 4pm
Where are auditions?
Legacy School of Dance
53B Quinnipiac Ave.
North Haven, CT
What to prepare for auditions?
-32 bars of a musical theatre song (performed acapella)
-You will be given a short reading
-wear comfortable clothes for dance placement. Bring dance shoes or socks.
TALENT AMERICA PRELIMINARY
SUNDAY, APRIL 26th
Best Western – North Haven, CT
Applications and registration forms are found at the website
Talent America, the nation’s longest running entertainment industry showcase/competition gives undiscovered talent the opportunity to perform in front of legitimate agents, managers, casting directors, choreographers and music industry professionals. Preliminaries are held throughout the country. Contestants are invited to perform at the national competition held July 10th-12th in NYC.
- Talent America is open to ages 3-99. Categories are divided into vocal, acting, dance, modeling and novelty. There are subcategories under each category such as Acting – cold readings, etc.
- There were 230 callbacks resulting in 18 signed contracts at last year’s national competition. Many of today’s biggest names got their start at Talent America.
Sunday, April 26th- Best Western, North Haven, CT
– 201 Washington Avenue –
Check In – 8:45, Start: 10:00am
2014 NATIONAL JUDGES
- AC Ciulla ~ Choreographer/Casting
Alice Ray ~ Spellman Entertainment
- Ann Wright ~ Ann Wright Representatives
- Ashley Acarino ~ Nouveaux Talent
- Barbara Klein ~ Divine Management
- Eddie Rabon ~ Take 3 Talent
- Ernesta Corvino ~ Choreographer
- Frantz G. Hall ~ Producer/Choreographer
- Jayne Doniger ~ Music Executive
- Lee Boria ~ Boria Entertainment
- Ramona Pitera ~ Ramona’s Talent
- Robert Marks ~ Vocal Coach
- Robyn Acarino~ Nouveaux Talent
- Sean Bennett ~ Spellman Entertainment
- Susan Wright ~ Ann Wright Representatives
- Tami Flicker ~ Abrams Artist
- Teri Bader Bostaji ~ Wilhelmina Kids & Teens
- Traci Jackson ~ Take 3 Talent
- Trey Bondy ~ The New York Talent Club
Past Judges have included:
- Terry Bader Bostaji, Wilhelmina Kids and Teens, NYC
- Emma Alterreid, Abrams Artists
- Susan and Ann Wright, Ann Wright Representatives
- Robyn Acarino, Nouveaux Talent
- Liz Tobin, L.T.Model & Talent
- Rod Uriate, Virgin Records, Europe
- Lisbeth Andresen, CTP Casting
- Kathy Backer, Karin Curves
- Deborah Colony, Bad Cat Records
- Pamela Corrente, Pam’s People
- Caroline Ghazar, Model Club
- Carmelita Frazier, Band management
- Bob Marks, Robert marks Vocal Techniques
- Tobe Gibson, Director, Young Talent, Inc.
- Shirley Grant, Shirley Grant Management
- Violet Holmes, Director Rockettes, Emeritus
- Jan Jarrett, Jan J. Agency
- Jo Jordan, Jo Jordan Talent Agency
- Karen Kaiser, Steve Horn Productions
- Ayn Lauren, S.E.M. & M.
- Karen Lee, Pauline’s Model Management
- Maxine Lewis, Apollo Theatre/NYC
- Erin Lundgin, Elite Models
- Erica Bines, Headline Talent Agency
- Holly McBride, Entertainment Manager, Disney
- Ginger Dicce, Dicce Management
- Lisa Price, The Price Group
- Arlene McGovern, Goodwin & McGovern
- Lois Miller, Star Talent
- Bebe Monahan, Ford Model Agency
- Jeanne Niederlitz, Niederlitz & Steele
- H. Shep Pamplin, Oppenheim & Christie & Assoc
- Richard Rosenwald, Richard Rosenwald Associates
- Gary Shaffer, Casting Director & Upstart Management
- Barry Shapiro, Herman Lipson Casting
- Nick Scandalios, Nederlander Theatre
- Carol Ross, Author of Cosmo. article “So You Want to be a Rec. Star”
Representatives from the following and many others
- William Morris Agency
- Stephen Draper Agency
- NY-LA-NASH Entertainment
- Bill Cooper Assoc. Inc
- Broadway Dance Center
- Sheryl Robinson, CHoreographer
- Guy Lebon
- Kelmen-Luth Entertainment
- 413 Talents Unltd
- T&I Casting
- Raw Cream Music
- Monty Silver Agency
- Collier TV Seminar
- The Linhardt Group
- Hoft Enterprises
- Ron Milke, Milke Productions
- Edna Panaggio
- Mildred Grant
- Luigi’s Dance Center