The Meeting House Players are pleased to announce open auditions for Rick Abbot’s madcap comedy “Play On!”. Auditions will be held on August 29 & 30, 2017 at 7 PM in the Meeting House located at 4 Liberty Street in Chester, CT. Written as a play within a play, “Play On! “treats its audiences to a hilarious look behind the scenes of a local community theatre troupe desperately trying to mount a production of a new play. With only a few rehearsals left before the opening night, chaos ensues. Dress rehearsal is a disaster. On opening night, anything that can go wrong, does go wrong but the ensemble continues to “play on“ until the final curtain falls!
The play’s ten-member ensemble includes the following cast of characters:
• Henry Benish, 50-early 60’s, a character actor, plays Lord Dudley
• Polly Benish, 50-early 60’s, a character actress, plays Lady Dudley
• Marla “Smitty” Smith, early 20’s, a supporting actress, plays Doris, the Maid
• Saul Watson, 40’s, a supporting actor, plays Dr. Rex Forbes, the Villain
• Billy Carewe, mid 20’s- early 30’s, an athletic looking actor, plays Steven Sellers, a Young Man
• Violet Imbrey, 20’s, a supporting actress, plays Diana Lassiter, the Ingenue
• Aggie/Algie Manville, 30-50, the stage manager & prompter (can be male or female)
• Gerry/Jerry Dunbar, 40-55, the community theatre director (can be male or female)
• Louise/Louie Peary, 25-50, the sound-lighting-scenic technician (can be male or female)
• Phyllis Montague, any age over 40, the community’s eccentric & somewhat haughty playwright
Those auditioning will be asked to read from the script. Directed by Debbie Alldredge, the production will run for five performances opening at the Meeting House in Chester on Friday, October 27 and continue October 28 and November 3 & 4, 2017 with both a matinee and an evening performance on November 4th. For additional information please contact Deb Alldredge at TheMeetingHousePlayers@gmail.com or at 860-526-3684.