The East Hartford Summer Youth Festival, Inc. has an immediate opening for our Choreographer. This summer’s musical production will be “Disney’s High School Musical”. Rehearsals for the production begin in June with the show dates being July 27 & 28 at 7:30pm and July 29 at 2:00pm. Rehearsal times may be subject to change but are generally as follows: Monday through Friday from 6:30pm – 9:30pm. The specific rehearsal content and times will be worked out and scheduled among the entire production team. We are looking for this position to be filled with an individual who has previous Choreography experience with musical productions as well as with an age group ranging from 10 years old through college age. We are a non-profit organization, but a small stipend is available for this position.
The East Hartford Summer Youth Festival, Inc is a non-profit organization that produces one summer musical in a 6-week timeframe, with additional fundraising performances throughout the year. It allows the youth and young adults within East Hartford and surrounding areas to participate in a fun theatrical experience while learning all aspects of the theatrical process.
• Together with the artistic director and music director, produce a rehearsal schedule to maximize rehearsal time
• Discuss with the artistic director the musical numbers to be choreographed
• Work with the artistic director to produce dances that fit within the vision of the show
• Come prepared to rehearsals in order to meet choreography goals
• Utilize rehearsal time efficiently to make sure all dances are taught as scheduled
• Provide additional assistance to cast members as needed
• Working creatively within a minimal budget
• Attend rehearsals and performances as previously scheduled
• Attend any Board or Production meetings as needed
• Previous choreography experience required
• Experience choreographing for and teaching to an age range of 10 through college age preferred
• Must be able to choreograph for a wide range of dance experience
• Strong organizational skills
• Open communication among the production staff
• Patience and ability to deal with multiple priorities at one time
• Must have strong verbal communication
To apply and for immediate consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter in an email to: email@example.com
Please indicate “Choreographer position, EHSYF” in the subject line of your email.