Call for Directors – Resume Submissions End July 20th
The Orange Players will be hosting Acting Up! 2017, an evening of 10 Minute One Acts for unpublished works on Friday November 3 and Saturday November 4, 2017.
If you are interested in Directing for this event we would love to work with you.
Resume and cover letter should be sent via email to TheOrangePlayers@gmail.com no later than July 20, 2017.
Please be aware of the following information:
Playwright /Director Meet and Greet
- The week of August 28, 2017 a meet and greet for Directors and Playwrights will be scheduled.
- Each author will have an opportunity to speak about their play for a few minutes.
- Copies of the plays will be on hand for directors to read through.
- All names will go into a hat and each director will pull out a selection and assigned to a one act.
- The directors will have 20 minutes (if needed) to swap their assigned one act with another director
- Each director must agree to the swap
- Swaps must be completed before the evening is done.
- Assigned directors and authors will have a chance to chat a bit, exchange info.
- Open auditions will be held at High Plains Community Center for one night the week of September 5, 2017, from 7:00 – 9:00
- Playwrights may not audition for their own works.
- All directors will be at auditions, playwrights may attend if they wish.
- From 9:00 – 9:50 the directors will discuss and decide who gets cast in which show.
- Actors may be cast in more than one show.
- An actor may not be cast in more than two shows.
- A director may direct up to two shows.
- A director may audition for up to one show (which they are not directing).
- If the director wishes to rehearse at High Plains they will inform the Producers so rooms can be secured.
- Directors may hold rehearsal at their homes, or the home of actors if they choose.
- Directors will determine the number of rehearsals needed for their one act.
- Orange Players will provide one copy of the script to each actor and director in the one act assigned.
- If an actor is cast in more than one show than the directors of those two shows must work together to plan rehearsal schedules that do not conflict.
- Tech Rehearsal will occur on October 30, November 1 and November 2, 2017. 7:00pm
- Playwrights, directors and cast will provide their own props and costuming.
- Set pieces will be kept to a minimum.
- Set pieces must be relatively small in size – pieces that can be moved by 1 or 2 people at the most.
- There will be no special lighting for individual one acts.
- All actors must be off script by October 29.
- Overhead hanging microphones will be used during the technical runs and performances.
- No body mics will be utilized during tech or the performances.
Date: Friday November 3 and Saturday November 4, 2017
Event Location: High Plains Community Center, 525 Orange Center Rd, Orange, CT 06477
Time: 8:00pm – 10:30pm
Seating: Cabaret Style
High Plains Community Center is located at 525 Orange Center Rd, Orange, CT 06477
For additional information please contact the Orange Players at TheOrangePlayers@gmail.com.